Traffic Rules On the Mall Road
Entry of heavy traffic is prohibited during the months of May , June and October from 8 AM to 10.30 AM and 2.30 PM to 10.30 PM , light vehicles from 6.00 PM to 10.00 PM and cycle rickshaw from 6.30 PM to 9.30 PM.
Lake Bridge Tax
Toll tax is charged by municipality from the vehicles entering the Nainital town . It is charged at Tallital from the vehicles entering from Haldwani/Bhowali, while at Sukhatal from the vehicles coming from Kaladhungi side.
Parking of Vehicles is restricted on Mall in the summer & autumn months. One can park his/her vehicle in the flatts (Mallital), taxi stand,Tallital & KMVN Parking at Sukhatal. Beside this some hotels provide parking facility to their customers.
Kumoun Mandal Vikas Nigam Ltd.(KMVN) Nainital offers a variety of tours during the whole year. For details and booking one can contect the Parvat Tour (Phone No. 235656). Apart from above corporation, a number of local approved excursion agents also conduct tours to different places.
The winter starts at Nainital in late October which extends upto late March, of which December & January are extreme cold during which snow fall may also occur. April to Mid June & the month of October is the most pleasant time at Nainital. It rains very heavily from late June to September.
Heavy woollens in winter and light woollens in summer. Raincoat & Umbrella are must during rainy season.
What to purchase
Decorative Wax Candles , Wooden Sticks , Items made of pine seeds etc .
- Drivers should not be under the influence of alcohol while driving.
- Use horn on road bends.
- Do not play tape recorders, radio inside the running Vehicles.
- Drivers should not wear chappals while driving.
- Vehicles should not be overloaded.
- The descending vehicle on the slope should give way to ascending vehicle.
- There should be a First Aid Box inside the vehicle.
- Do not overtake without taking pass from the vehicle in front. Never overtake an overtaking vehicle.
- If any driver is found driving in a drunk condition, it should be reported to the nearest Police Station or Transport Authority.
- Do not allow any unauthorized or minor person to drive vehicle.
- Give way to vehicle going uphill.
- Do not drive fast.