Hit Counter 0003971892 Since: 28-05-2012
1. Year of establishment Corbett National Park : 1936
2. Area is square kms. : 1288.32
(i) Corbett National Park : 520.82
(ii) Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary : 301.18
(iii) Reserve Forest : 466.32
3. Main rivers flowing through the Reserve : Ramganga, Sonanadi, Mandal, Palain
4. Wild animals seen
Mammals : Wild elephants, Tiger, Leopard, Jungle Cat,
Leopard Cat, Sambur, Cheetal, Hog Deer,
Barking Deer, Goral, Nilgai, Wild Boar,
Slothbear, Civet, Marten, Otter, Mongoose, Hare.
Birds : Over 580 species of resident and migratory birds.
Reptiles : Gharial, Mugger Crocodile, Python, King Cobra,
Turtles, Sal forest Tortoise, Monitor Lizard.
Fishes : Mahaseer, Goonch, Trout.
5. Visitor season Dhikala Zone : 15th Nov. to 15th June.
Bijrani Zone : 15th Oct. to 30th June.
Sonanadi Zone : 15th Oct. to 30th June.
Domunda Zone : 15th Oct. to 30th June.
Jhirna Zone : Round the year.
6. Places nearby : Jim Corbett Museum and Kaladungi Heritage Trail,
Corbett Falls, Sitabani, Garjia Devi, Center for Eco
Tourism, Barati Rau Falls , Kalagarh Dam.